Saturday, June 22, 2013

Healthier HOMEMADE Organic Chocolate Chip Coconut Granola Bars

Chocolate Chip Coconut Granola Bars

I searched for hours for a healthy version of a chocolate chip granola bar. I am what most would call a healthy eating nut case. I almost go extreme! Anyways, I usually buy my picky eating man "Cascadian Farm Organic" chocolate chip CHEWY granola bars... 



 
but here is where the EXTREME comes in.... I'm not a fan of PROCESSED foods/or anything that comes pre-made in a package. SO I set out to find the perfect recipe! After looking over many, I decided to go with my own rendition of Lauren's No-bake C.C. Granola Bar.


HOW IT'S DONE:
After making this one I decided to just wrap them all in plastic wrap... 
after all it is for my man and he could careless if they look cute! Haha 
P.S. He LOVED Them ****SUCCESS****


Ingredients
1/4 cup organic butter
1/4 cup organic honey
1/4 cup packed organic brown sugar
2 cups organic quick cooking oats
 1 cup organic crispy brown rice cereal
1/2 cup toasted organic unsweetened coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons organic mini chocolate chips
*Use as many chocolate chips as you want. 


 Directions
1. In a large bowl, stir oats, crispy brown rice cereal, and toasted coconut together. Set aside.
2. In a small pot, melt butter, honey and brown sugar together over medium high heat until it comes to a bubble. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Pour in vanilla and stir.
4. Pour the gooey mess over dry ingredients and mix well to moisten all ingredients.
5. Pour into parchment paper lined pan 12x8x1 (I used my baking sheet)
6. Press out to be about 3/4 inch in thickness. Pack the mixture tight so it will hold together!
7. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and press down lightly.
8. Cool in the fridge for two hours.
9. Wrap in parchment or plastic wrap and store at room temperature(I put mine back in the fridge).

If you are a calorie counter(I'm not): Cut into 9 bars: 254 cal, 12 bars: 190 cal, 14 bars: 95 cal....

Side Note: I also mixed some chocolate chips into the granola bars before packing them tight. 
****MAKE SURE YOU PACK THEM TIGHT THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT****

No comments:

Post a Comment